Believe it or not, there are actually some “insider secrets” to sharpening survival machete that I have learned from doing just that for over half of my life.
These secrets will help you achieve sharp edges on your knives, properly maintain them, and store them safely.
This guide is the “vehicle” to pass those secrets along to you today.
The proper maintenence and sharpening of your knives almost doubles their life, while reducing the replacement costs, saving you hundreds of dollars!
When it’s time to sharpen your knives, only some insider secrets you will find in this guide are:
- Whether to use a sharpening stone or steel. Most people don’t know, end up guessing or using a tool incorrectly, and damage their knives.
- What angle to hold each knife as you sharpen it. There are corresponding angles, depending on the type of knife you are using, and it’s all covered in the guide.
- Whether you’ll push the knife away from you or whether you’ll pull it towards you. This has been debated by even the best knife professionals, and I have included the correct method in the guide.
- How to properly hold your knife before you even begin. Safety is most important when handling knives, and this guide reveals to you how to avoid injury.
This guide also reveals the secret tool you have in your house right now to obtain proper angle for some knives.
- Safely check for sharpness so that you’ll know when to stop sharpening. This part of the guide will tell you specifically how to test.
- And, of course, how to clean and store your knife when the task is complete. Most failin this important step, and all else goes to waste
The simple “secret” tools that you will need to make your knives sharp so that you can have razor-edged blades whenever you need them…
You’ve got several choices to make when selecting the proper tools to sharpening knives.
Having the right tools, and knowing how and when to use them, will make all the difference in how sharp your knives will be, and how long they will last.
The correct procedures for sharpening knives so that you’ll know exactly what you’re doing, reducing all risk of injury…
If you’ve ever had to sharpen a knife on a sharpening stone, and you’ve never seen it done or heard how to do it, chances are you’d be a bit uncertain. That’s ok, I was, too, in the beginning. 🙂
You should know exactly what you are doing before you begin.
- If you know how to hold your knife and sharpening stone while sharpening, you’ll feel confident and unafraid because you’ll be sharpening it just the way you should. The proper methods are revealed right in this guide.
- Knowing the correct angles for sharpening a knife will ensure your blade edge is accurately formed, and you won’t need to reshape it… so it doesn’t come out looking like a scythe or a propeller! (Ha!)
Not only that but you’ll be more secure in knowing that you won’t injure yourself.